Thursday, August 5, 2010

Natural remedies for toe nails that are thick, discolored, ugly??

Any suggestions for the ';good-ole-natural'; remedies for this:





Discolored toenails?? (darkish in color, brownish/black)


THICK NAILS??? (they are the discolored ones)


Calus on underside of tow....how to rid of it?Natural remedies for toe nails that are thick, discolored, ugly??
Any nail salon or beauty supply place carry a buffer which is a square cushion like sponge that has roughness to it, you want to buff down the outer layers which are usually ridges and discoloration, then buff with a smooth buffer. Soak your nails in alchohol daily. This removed fungus and any infection and bacteria that causes the discoloration. Weekly buff them down. It is amazing that alchohol can clear nails up. I have a thumb nail literally I have a green thumb, as soon as I stop the alchohol dipping, it begins to discolor again under the nail.


Often times I am dipping my thumb and my husband will say ';you getting your thumb drunk again?'; but I have to do the alchohol soak because for some reason moisture goes under the nail ';trapped water'; I wash my hands a lot and clean, always have my hands in water and this causes the discoloration. Make sure after you shower etc.. you dry around your nails, this too will help.Natural remedies for toe nails that are thick, discolored, ugly??
You can try this but if it is a fungal infection a good old 'script may help the most.





Treat your feet like your face. You may have been using alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) on your face for years to prevent wrinkles. Well, that same cream can do wonders for your feet. Smooth an AHA cream onto your feet before going to bed. This will buff the rough, scaly skin from your feet, and it鈥檚 that rough, scaly stuff that picks up fungus more easily than smooth skin. You should see a doctor if you have excessively scaly skin on your feet, because this could be a fungus, he adds.





Go up a shoe size. If your shoes are too small, they鈥檒l rub against your toenails, creating damage and making fungal infections pop up.
It does sound like fungus.You can get over the counter meds that really don't work. You can get a prescription that can take up to a year to work. I have been told to use Listerine(yep the mouthwash). Soak your toe nail in Listerine nightly and it is supposed to get rid of the fungus. A friend of mine swears by it.
I actually saw a podiatrist about my color in my toes. He actually recommended me to see a skin doctor.





I never went, but they say its a skin condition not a toe fungus.

No comments:

Post a Comment